WHAT TO PACK IN YOUR BEACH BAG?
Summer is here and we all know what that means, swapping those dainty little purses for a big ‘ol beach bag. Going to the beach is all fun and games but either you’ve packed minimalistically and usually end up staying longer than expected and chances are there’s something you need or forgot or you’ve packed everything but the kitchen sink and spend half your time ruffling through trying to find what you need meanwhile just creating a sandy mess and then it’s not so fun anymore. So here’s a concise packing list to ensure you’ve got everything you need for your sun-filled beach day.
- Sunglasses: Squinting into the sun is no fun and neither are the wrinkles that will come, so even on an overcast day sunglasses are a must-have. A fashionable pair of course, high quality is best for protection and maybe a cheeky cheaper pair for splashing in those waves with.
- Sunscreen: This is a must, everyone and anyone under the sun must have a bottle of trusty sunscreen, don’t forget to apply it regularly throughout the day and also check the expiry date – Yes sunscreen expires!
- A Hat: Another very important sun-protective element of your beach bag includes a hat. Get a practical, easy to slip a hat to protect your face from the harsh rays of the sun, you may not feel the most stylish on the beach but best believe it’s a miracle worker for covering up your out of control wet, knotty beach hair, a completely underrated garment.
- Wipes: There are so many uses for wipes at the beach. Sweat, saltwater, excess sunscreen, and the sticky residue of the ice cream that melted quicker than you could eat it. Do yourself a favor and pop those wipes in the bag, there’s always a time and place they are needed and if not by you there’s always a member of the party that needs one.
- Undergarments: The black sheep of all beach bag necessities, undergarments are the most forgotten yet one of the most important elements of a successful beach day. A spare pair of undies to change into before putting on your clothes is a lifesaver, no wet patches, no chaffing and you can head over for cocktails without anyone even knowing you just picked yourself up from a 9-hour beach day.
- H20: Well well well water it is, besides the fact that you’re probably immersed in a sea full of water (don’t drink that water please) staying hydrated is extremely important on a day at the beach. Sip it throughout the day and avoid any heatstroke and serious dehydration. A key tip is to throw your bottle in the freezer the night before and have ice cold water, there is nothing more refreshing on a crazy hot day at the beach.
- Towel: Beaching 101, if you forgot the towels then this list is most definitely for you, print it out, stick it on the fridge, and be set for the beach in minutes.
This set will help you relax on the beach safely. Read more about how to avoid burns here.
- Hey, traveler, thank you for reading! Tell us why you like it!
- Ooops, traveler, we are sorry to hear it. Why you did not like it?