What Should You Know About the Best Mobile WiFi Hotspot for International Travel
We all sometimes need a break from routine work, and travel is great for changing the familiar environment and seeing something new. However, the older we get, the more difficult it is to just turn off the phone and enjoy the rest, you need to be able to stay in touch. Or you managed to leave all the problems behind and you planned your travel perfectly. The best mobile wifi hotspot for international travel will help you in these two cases. We will provide examples of such hotspots so that you can choose the most suitable for you if the need arises.
What is a Mobile Hotspot for International Travel and How to Choose the Best?
It is your pocket saver, with which you will not hang from public networks and your connection will always be secure. A good mobile hotspot can keep the battery for about 6-7 hours of continuous use. This is enough time for you to check your mail and upload thousands of photos. It will be convenient for you to carry it in your hands or pocket, as a portable wifi hotspot for travel is usually smaller than a smartphone. To choose the best international hotspot, decide what is your goal and financial situation. We want to offer you several options.
- You can buy TP-Link or Huawei hotspot and a global SIM card for a fixed price. You will have a certain number of megabytes for a set amount, which you can use according to the tariff.
- You can buy an international mobile hotspot that has already eSim. It means to top it up online at any time when you need it.
By the way, we highly recommend that you use 4G or 5G data for a better connection. If you can’t buy, you can find a mobile hotspot rental.
Top-rated Mobile Hotspots
Before making a purchase, always check whether the device is suitable for use in the country where you are going. For this, be sure to read reviews on the Internet, all characteristics of it and, if necessary, contact the seller.
Netgear Nighthawk M1
It is the best international WiFi hotspot for those who want to visit the USA because there is no attachment to any particular cellular company. The size of the device is slightly larger than standard portable devices, but this small disadvantage is covered by many advantages. For instance:
- holds the battery for about 11 hours, and it is also possible to buy a replacement battery and use it while the first one is charging;
- great 3G and 4G/LTE coverages;
- not only your device can be connected, but also an additional 19;
- global coverages exist.
This international wireless hotspot can be used with inbuilt data plans or with local Sim. GlocalMe G4 has such advantages:
- this device holds a charge even longer than the one described above, about 15 hours of continuous work;
- when you connect 5 devices, you can download videos without fail;
- the presence of a convenient touch interface;
- it is possible to charge other devices through G4;
- great 2G, 3G, 4G/LTE. Of course, it uses 4G/LTE by default but if necessary, it can change the coverage.
It is a famous international WiFi hotspot. This device will not only provide you with safe and fast internet, but it will even be able to charge your phone. Let’s take a look at other useful characteristics of Skyroam Solis:
- the presence of a virtual SIM card that will automatically connect to the local telecom operator;
- how long the battery will last depends on the number of connections, but not less than 8-10 hours;
- no more than 5 devices can be connected to the device;
- it will work in 130 countries, but it is better to check the list with the seller before buying.
It is one of the best portable WiFi for travel due to this available price for everyone and good WiFi connection. This is a budget option, for those who do not have a large travel budget, however, it is important to stay in touch with the outside world. Huawei E5577 has the following characteristics:
- the battery lasts no more than 6 hours, provided that one device is connected;
- can be carried in a pocket due to its compact size;
- lack of a touch interface;
- good 2G, 3G, 4G/LTE coverages;
- it is possible to connect up to 10 devices, but remember that the charge will hold much less.
It is the best WiFi hotspot for international travel due to its excellent speed. Check out the main characteristics of this model:
- even if 10 devices connected to the hotspot, the speed will remain good;
- user-friendly touch interface notifies about the necessary changes in the settings;
- the small device in size and easy to carry in your pocket;
- good 2G, 3G, 4G/LTE coverages;
- the battery holds up to 10 hours.
However, it is not the best choice if you are going to the USA.
This international mobile hotspot is great if you want some extra features. Look at these great characteristics which can convince you to buy it:
- the fastest speed among other Huawei models, which already justifies its high cost;
- no more than 25 devices;
- the battery life can last about a day;
- it is often bought for medium-sized tourist groups rather than one person;
- the touch interface is protected from dust and stains and the material itself is more resistant to drops;
- according to customer reviews, the price matches the quality.
As you can see, each of the devices described above has its advantages. Besides these characteristics, be sure to take into account the region you are going to visit and your material capabilities. Do not be shy about looking for the best international WiFi hotspot rental. We hope that we were able to help you, and the knowledge that you received thanks to our article will be useful to you very soon.